Call for Abstracts
Please click here to submit an abstract for the CSANZ Annual Scientific Meeting 2017. Before making a submission please ensure that you thoroughly read the General Policies and Requirements. Abstracts must be submitted by 5 March 2017.
Notification of Acceptance
Notifications of acceptance will be sent via e-mail to the submitting author by the end of May 2017. Abstracts submitted for oral presentations that cannot be accommodated within the programme will be considered and reviewed for a place in the Mini-Oral/Poster program.
Accepted abstracts will be published in the Meeting proceedings; Heart, Lung and Circulation. The Meeting Managers will not be held responsible for abstract submissions not received via the website or for submission errors caused by Internet service outages, hardware or software delays, power outages or unforeseen events.
The Call for Abstracts will be available from 22 November.
We invite author’s to submit case reports to the Annual Scientific Meeting of the Cardiac Society of Australia & New Zealand. The submission of case reports is limited to no more than 250 words and can include a figure but must not exceed the current abstract template size.
Cases can include:
- Reminder of important clinical lesson
- Findings that shed new light on the possible pathogenesis of a disease or an adverse effect
- Learning from errors
- Unusual presentation of more common disease/injury
- Myth exploded
- Rare disease
- New disease
- Novel diagnostic procedure
- Novel treatment (new drug/intervention; established drug/procedure in new situation)
- Unusual association of diseases/symptoms
- Unexpected outcome (positive or negative) including adverse drug reactions
- Global health
- Images in...1 or 2 striking and/or clinically important images with a brief (less than 250 word) description
- Conclusion should include key teaching / learning point(s) arising